Furnace filters are important because they keep your furnace and Carrier air conditioner in Calgary working efficiently for years. Carrier furnace filters keep out negative airborne particles from your HVAC system so it can continue to run smoothly. As a bonus, a filtration system also prevents a substantial amount of dust, dirt, and pollen out of your breathing air. The cleaner your air, the less chance you will be susceptible to allergies due to microparticles floating around in your home.
So, how often do you need to change your Carrier furnace filter?
To ensure your filter keeps providing clean air properly, you should change it out every month. This answer, of course, is dependent on how often you clean and vacuum your house and the type of air filter and furnace you have.
If you leave your house unkept for a while, it could cause an accumulation of a substantial amount of dust and other airborne particles. Allergens and bacteria can be harmful to your health so changing the filters more often can reduce the chances of issues. There are many types of air filters available such as:
- Permanent filters: This is a filter that requires cleaning instead of replacing. You should clean this type of filter at least every 2 months.
- Panel filters: These filters need to be replaced with new ones at least once a month and are a great affordable option.
- Pleated filters: Efficient at straining out the negative particles and need a good changing out every 3 to 6 months.
When deciding on a furnace filter, Carrier is a top brand providing you with the cleanest air space for your home.
What are some signs that you need to change your Carrier furnace filter?
- Your HVAC system is malfunctioning.
- The airflow is reduced in your HVAC system, making it work harder than it should, resulting in higher energy bills.
- Particles are being released back into your home because they are not filtering through your filtration system properly.
- Contaminants are building up in your ductwork.
Your filtration system relies on you just as much as you rely on it so keeping it cleaned or changing it out is essential. You can check with a factory-authorized Carrier dealer for the proper furnace filter for your home. Whether you are looking for a filter for your heating or a Carrier air conditioner in Calgary, expert HVAC technicians will be able to help you. For the best service, you should provide information on all the conditions of your home such as if you have pets, allergies, and how often you clean your house.