Home Furnace Installation
Spring’s Heating is one of only 3 Factory Authorized Carrier Dealers in Southern Alberta. Carrier is one of the world’s leading brands of home furnaces and continues to lead the way investing in research and development in high technology heating. Spring’s Heating is experienced in handling all Carrier products and any warranty issues that you may have. As a Factory Authorized Dealer Spring’s Heating is able to provide our customers with quality service and expert advice for Calgary, Cochrane and all surrounding areas.
What to Look for in a New Furnace…
When you are in the market to buy a new furnace you may be overwhelmed by the choices. This may seem like a overwhelming and discouraging experience but if you are properly prepared, you can save yourself a lot of stress, time and possibly money. The first step is being prepared and informing yourself!
Here’s some of the top things to look for when you’re going to purchase a furnace.
- Time Honoured Brand: How long has the manufacturer been established? Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier has a history of more than 100 years of proven innovation.
- Warranty: It is important to ensure that the warranty is directly through the manufacturer. Carrier offers 10 year parts warranty and life time on their heat exchangers and their warranties are completely transferable.
- Brand Recognition: Make sure to choose a manufacturer that is well known in the industry. Furnaces today are part specific and many heating contractors will only carry parts for certain brands. Don’t settle for the no-name brands simply because of price, you will regret it in the long run when searching for parts or someone to repair the furnace.
- Whole Home Comfort Systems: Top manufacturers such as Carrier, will be able to provide a full system that will interface the controller, heating, cooling, humidity and filtration system at different price points. The whole home system allows you to address specific needs of your home making you and your home as comfortable as possible.
If you're looking for a new furnace, we recommend Carrier high-efficiency furnaces!
We provide homeowners with products that are efficient and reliable. From furnaces and air conditioners to thermostats and air cleaners Spring's Heating will equip your home with products to best serve your needs.
Comfort Series High Efficiency Furnace
The Carrier Comfort 95 gas furnace is rated at 95% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency). Base model furnace at a reasonable price point.
Performance Series High Efficiency Furnace
Efficient, quiet and durable the Performance Series gas furnaces are supported by the Performance Edge thermostat and variable speed blower motor. This Performance furnace has the capability to run on low stage which provides better energy efficiency, better temperature control, and increased levels of comfort throughout the home!
Infinity Series High Efficiency Furnace
The Infinity Carrier products are supported by the intelligent Infinity control and have matching Infinity air conditioner units to provide you with a complete home system you are sure to be satisfied with.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does a Furnace Work?
Heat is generated in the furnace’s burner with the aid of burning natural gas or propane. The heat generated goes through a heat exchanger, increasing the temperature. The exhaust fumes are then emitted via the flue gas vent. At this juncture, the blower fan forces the warmed air over the heat exchanger, moving it throughout your home. Your furnace operates until the thermostat catches the correct temperature and disengages the furnace. Modern furnaces employ a draft inducer fan to tire the emissions. Moreover, this force draft also enhances efficiency.
How Often Should I Replace My Furnace Filter?
Aim to change your furnace filter at least once every 90 days. This frequency is important; filters have dirty jobs – gathering airborne hair, dust, and other minuscule particles to prevent harm to your furnace’s parts. If your filter becomes too gunk-filled, airflow is restricted, and as a result, its effectiveness is compromised.
How long is a new furnace installation?
On average, installing a new furnace can take between four to six hours. However, this timeframe can increase based on your furnace’s size, the space of your home, and, of course, your furnace’s make.
How do I know if I need a new furnace?
Many factors could play into the necessity for a new home furnace. However, some of the most revealing signs are as follows:
- You have an aged unit (15 years or older)
- Unevenly heated rooms
- Humidity issues in your home
- Energy bills are on the rise
- Your furnace becomes unusually loud (buzzes, hums, rattles, etc.)
- Your unit has difficulty starting
- Abnormal or even foul smells emanating from your furnace
What to consider with a new furnace installation?
A few considerations must be taken into account with furnace installation. These include:
- Type of furnace: Do you want a single, two-stage, or multi-stage heat furnace? Each variation comes at varying price points regarding labour and installation costs. Deciding which one best suits your needs and budget are essential.
- The correct system: Do you want a gas, electric or propane system? Your choice for this consideration depends on your values and preferences.
- The right size: An accurately sized system is crucial for general home comfort. Selecting a unit too big or small could impact temperature levels and your unit’s efficiency. So before installation, consider variables such as your home’s square footage, window and wall insulation quality, and the height of the ceiling.
What is included in furnace installation?
A successful furnace installation will include all the steps necessary to ensure your unit is installed safely and properly the first time. This process includes:
- Site prep
- Gas and electrical connections
- Positioning and installing the new furnace
- Inspecting flue pipe clearances
- Testing gas and electrical systems of the furnace