Furnace Duct Cleaning
Do you suffer from sneezing fits and headaches during different times of the year? If so, Spring’s Servicing & Heating can help with our furnace duct cleaning service. Cleaning your furnace and vents can help eliminate your seasonal allergies. Studies show that one of the most common causes of allergies and asthma is related to indoor air quality.
You may not realize it, but house dust can be heavily contaminated with dust mites. Even the cleanest home could have plenty of these allergy-causing microscopic critters. Most people have spring cleaning rituals. You might clean carpets and closets, turn mattresses, air out upholstery, etc. Seasonal cleaning of your home’s ventilation system should be on the list as well!
Why Duct Cleaning?
The main benefit of duct cleaning is to reduce dust in the home, but it is not the only benefit. Dirty air ducts can significantly reduce your furnace air conditioner’s efficiency. Your furnace and air conditioning systems may perform more efficiently. You can also drastically increase the life expectancy of your heating and cooling equipment.
If your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home at the temperature you want, it can last longer. Furnace duct cleaning service will also improve air circulation in your home, especially for those with allergies and asthma. They will notice less stuffiness and congestion.
Clean air ducts are essential to a healthy, effective heating and ventilation system.
Dust and mould build-up inside your home’s furnace ducts can harm your family’s health. By cleaning your furnace ducts, you can reduce your risk from these indoor allergens and irritants. Call us today for a no-obligation furnace and duct cleaning quote.
How Often Should Ducts be Cleaned?
If you’ve never had your ducts cleaned, now’s the time to call for this important service. After your initial cleaning, it may only be necessary to have your ducts cleaned every couple of years. Talk with our service experts to determine what makes sense for your home or business.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do I need duct cleaning?
You should clean your air ducts at least once every 2 to 3 years. This suggestion can be very helpful in preventing many maintenance-related health challenges. Moreover, if you have pets or youngsters with allergies, your ducts should undergo a professional cleaning more often than the recommended standard.
Signs your duct may be overdue for a cleaning include:
- The development of mould or mildew
- Worsening allergy symptoms
- A steep increase in your energy bill
- Poor air quality
- Compromised respiratory health
Does air duct cleaning affect indoor air quality?
Yes. An air duct cleaning can make your home smell better and ensure allergens are kept out of the air. As a result, air quality improves, which can be helpful for those suffering from asthma or allergies.
Can air duct cleaning make a difference for allergy sufferers?
An air duct unit cleaning is advised for those experiencing asthma allergy symptoms regularly. Air duct cleaning may help reduce allergens in your home; this offers much-needed relief from the triggers that activate allergy and asthma sensitivity.
Does Air Duct Cleaning reduce home energy bills?
Yes, a clean air duct can reduce your home energy bill. This result is achieved through a few methods:
- Increasing your air conditioner’s effectiveness: At-home cooling units tend to overwork when too much dust and debris is accumulated. This also impacts the AC unit’s condensing coil and massively reduces its efficiency.
- Reducing the need for air purification: Dust and grime obstruct air ducts, which hinders indoor air quality. For this reason, checking and maintaining your air ducts is prudent for more favourable results.
- Identifying leaky ducts: Up to a 20% loss of air and energy is experienced by the HVAC system’s leaky air ducts. To prevent this, it’s crucial to get your air ducts cleaned and inspected for leakages.
How long does a typical Air Duct Cleaning take?
A typical air duct cleaning can take between one to three hours. This cleaning covers everything from the air ducts, room vents, main return, and the HVAC unit. However, depending on your duct’s condition, this cleaning could take as long as a full day.
How do I know if my ducts need cleaning?
While regular maintenance is a necessity, it’s equally important to know when you should have your ducts cleaned. Here are some revealing indicators your duct may require cleaning.
- Your air filters are congested
- Unsavoury odours emanate from your ducts
- Mould and mildew develop on the inside and outside of your HVAC unit
- Ducts and vents become clogged with debris
- Your heating and cooling bills climb higher
- Strange noises coming from your ducts
- You can’t remember the last time your system was cleaned